Sunday, September 27, 2009

ThanDe - MagaLu

I finally saw the movie Abhiyum Naanum ( Tamil ) / Aakaashamanta ( telugu ) during the Dussera festive season. Yes, I saw both versions. I don't know why, but I simply loved the movie. It was fun, it was real and very well made. Most characters in the movie, including Prakash Raj, play villain roles. I must say, the entire team did a wonderful job in their respective roles.

Prakash Raj, needless to say is a wonderful actor, but he did an excellent job with such a soft role. Trisha, did a great job as well. I especially liked the scene where she confronts Prakash Raj and tells him that she is disappointed with him, the reason being his behavior after she reveals that she is in love with a Punjabi.

More than the movie, I loved the essence. It had a unique flavor and it had a unique interpretation. Father's and daughters are always very attached. There is something unique there, but what it brought along was a philosophy of the ephemeral things in life. There is this element of possessiveness in every relationship that people simply fail to recognize it. We generally find it very hard to let go, gracefully, things that are very dear to us, whether it is a substance without life or a person.

No comments: