Thursday, December 24, 2009

गमन :

It is amazing to see how people crave for recognition at work. Recognition in this post's context, is sometimes synonymous, in a degenerate case,to attention. Recognition for some is a promotion or an appreciation award, a great bonus or just a pat on the back. A lack of it simply leads to that person questioning himself/herself "Why am I doing this ?" and summarily to deterioration in performance. The perception also varies for those at various levels/grades. It takes a lot of self-motivation to gather oneself, when you know you are not amongst the one recognized for your efforts. The vital part of the above observation is comparison. The most likely reason you are wondering why you are still undertaking your thankless job, is the very sight of somebody else being thanked. Seldom does one give a thought on why the other is thanked. Even if sufficient reasoning is present to support the others case, the mind is conditioned to shoo the thought.There are other cases, of course, that are favorable to you and more weird cases where none are recognized, leading to a general discontent. I have seen 'em all. Some resign to destiny, some are incisive enough to drive their case forward to ensure recognition and the rest quit. I will give you zero bucks to tell me which category I fall in. I personally feel(although I can't myself), every one should do all the above, just that, it should be right place and at the right time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not understand why the title is "gaman"!

Balakrishna said...

Attention, I guess !